The past couple months have been really exciting for the Bates Creative team. We’re proud to share the news that seven of our client projects have been recognized with eleven distinguished awards from: Association Media & Publishing, the Art Director’s Club of Metropolitan Washington, the Blue Drop Awards, min Best of the Web, and the Society of Publication Designers.
Erik Hansen, Bates Creative’s Creative Director, commented on the award-winning work, “Each day that I drive into work I think of the projects we have in the shop, the workload the team has and the ways we can break rules, change rules and create new rules of how design can engage audiences across any platform. These awards give recognition to the hard work and dedication my team and I have for each and every one of our clients and projects – regardless of scope or budget. My goal is to tell stories and create award-winning solutions every time and to be proud to have the Bates name in front of everything we deliver.”
Art Director’s Club of Metropolitan Washington 64th Annual Show
On June 8th, our team celebrated with the folks at ADCMW’s 64th Annual Show. The event celebrates the best design in the DC area. In addition to having our work for Heifer International’s World Ark magazine tablet app and the U.S. Marine Corps’ Marines magazine tablet app showcased at the event, Bates Creative was awarded with the highest accolade from ADCMW. Heifer International’s World Ark tablet app was honored with a Gold Award for best interactive mobile app. Marines magazine tablet app also took home a Merit award in the same category.
Association Media & Publishing EXCEL Awards
On June 10th, the Bates Creative team shared in celebrating five EXCEL awards with our clients at Association Media & Publishing’s annual EXCEL Awards Gala. The night was a special one for our team as we were honored with the following awards:
- Gold EXCEL Award, Media Innovation in Mobile Apps for Heifer International’s World Ark tablet app. This is the third year in a row Bates Creative has been recognized as the Gold award recipient in this category.
- Gold EXCEL Award, Website Redesign for NECA’s ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR magazine website ECmag.com.
- Silver EXCEL Award, Feature Story Design for a feature article in the National Parks Conservation Association’s National Parks Summer 2012 issue.
- Bronze EXCEL Award, Feature Story Design for a feature article in the American Association for Cancer Research’s Cancer Today Summer 2012 issue.
- Bronze EXCEL Award, Annual Report for YMCA of Metropolitan Washington’s 2011 Annual Report.
Drupal Blue Drop Awards
This is the first year Bates Creative website redesign projects have been awarded with a Blue Drop Award for best Drupal development. We’re proud to share in celebrating the following awards with our Drupal development partner, Unleashed Technologies and our clients.
- Drupal Website of the Year for The Woodhouse Day Spa Website. Bates Creative redesigned the website, offering a completely new look and feel for the fast-growing franchise. The design and development allow the Woodhouse team to easily add new franchise sites while maintaining a consistency in branding and content.
- Best Media Website of the Year for NECA’s ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR magazine website. Bates Creative redesigned the website to better align with the magazine’s brand. The new design and Drupal development offer a more flexible website that is easier to maintain and update in a timely and efficient manner.
Society of Publication Designers
The Society of Publication Designers announced Bates Creative as a SPD merit winner for their annual award competition. A feature spread design in the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Preservation Winter 2012/2013 issue was honored with a Merit award. This is the first SPD award Bates Creative has received. The design will be published in SPD’s Annual, Pub 48, a hardbound publication circulated to members of SPD and sold on Amazon.
min Best of the Web
Heifer International’s World Ark tablet app was recognized with an Honorable Mention at min’s Best of the Web for the digital magazine category. The Best of the Web awards are the industry’s top honor in the digital space and recognizes websites and digital initiatives among consumer and B2B magazines.
Heather Shelton, Bates Creative’s Director of Business Development commented on what these awards mean for our agency, “Every new client project is an opportunity to give 110% to our client’s business objectives whether we’re creating an app, website, magazine, video, brochure or a new brand. We’re giving clients a level of creativity, distinction and quality that is setting them apart in their marketplace. Winning these awards is validation from peers and other leaders that the completed work that leaves this agency is consistently superior. I’m very proud of our work and I’m thankful to our clients for making Bates Creative a trusted agency for their organizations.”
Leave a Reply