Bates Creative is seeking a Director of Technology. We’re looking for a leader who has the hunger to take the helm of our expanding digital design and development team. The right fit for this position in our agency is a personable, business-savvy technology expert. We are looking for someone who has the foundation in hands-on technical development and execution, but is now ready to forge a career in strategizing and architecting digital solutions, and is ready to manage a digital design and development team.
As our client-facing Director of Technology, this person will streamline and manage our digital strategy, design and development processes across platforms, including Adobe Experience Manager Mobile, Drupal and WordPress. This includes collaborating with our outside partners.
This is not a behind-the-desk job. This person will work closely with our business development team to expand, maintain and foster relationships with our agency and corporate partners. They will be responsible for proposing client solutions, then assessing and delegating these solutions to our cross-disciplinary team to execute and transform them into measureable results for clients.
- Report to President and VP of Creative
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exudes a professional and personable manner
- 7+ years of hands-on development experience
- Deep understanding and skill in architecting solutions with Content Management Systems including WordPress, Drupal and AEM
- Ability to scope, delegate and manage digital projects
- Experience with AEM and AEM Mobile (previously Digital Publishing Suite) is a plus
- Work with VP of Business Development to define project scope for interactive projects and develop execution plans for proposals
- Work with VP of Creative to develop and manage project plans for awarded projects
- Manage digital design and development team, while working with project managers and VP of Creative, to ensure digital projects are on track and meet client goals
- Understand, plan and lead the delivery of technology solutions for client projects
- Create wireframes and information architecture documents for presentation to clients
- Articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Illustrate information architecture and user interface mechanisms to facilitate and manage client goals and expectations
- Support and troubleshoot the day-to-day operations of our digital projects
- Forge relationships with clients and maintain strong post-engagement relationships
- Build partner relationships in tandem with our business development team
- Active in the development community, contribute insights and attend industry events
- Salary based on experience
- Accrued Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Scheduled work from home flexibility
- Company contributes toward individual healthcare plan after 90 days
- Parking/Metro allowance
- Simple IRA plan available after 1 year, with up to 3% company match
To be considered, send a cover letter, resume and link to online portfolio to email@example.com.