Bates Creative, a full-service design agency in the Washington, D.C. Metro, has a career opening for a Senior Designer and we want to see what you can bring to our team. We’re looking for a Senior Designer who has the hunger for envisioning, creating and delivering authentic designs that reflect our clients goals and then some.
A Bates Creative Senior Designer fosters collaboration within our team and with our clients. Our ideal candidate promotes confidence and finesse while juggling multiple projects across print and digital mediums. Above all, creativity and teamwork rule here—egos do not.
- This position reports to the VP of Creative and Art Director
- 5+ years applied experience in both print layout and interactive design
- Knowledge of web and print design principles, accessibility, usability and standards
- Working experience with print techniques and press requirements
- HTML, CSS, XML and WordPress theme development
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Software (INDD, PS, AI) in a Mac environment
- Experience in Adobe AEM Mobile (formerly DPS) a plus
- Passionate, creative self-motivator with a strong work ethic
- Experience working in a group environment with multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills
- Create informed design that pushes boundaries and solves client challenges
- Think strategically and focus on the target audience
- Meet project workload, milestones, and goals with little to no assistance
- Collaborative participation on projects within the team and outside partners
- Maintain a mastery of all design programs used and educate the design team
- Be a leader on client projects working with VP of Creative and Art Director to guide design team on creative execution and help strengthen and foster ideas
- Explore innovative and conceptual design techniques including illustration, typography, painting, tactical design, etc.
- Contribute to the evolution of our Bates Creative brand
- Salary based on experience
- Accrued Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Scheduled work from home flexibility
- Company contributes toward individual healthcare plan after 90 days
- Parking/Metro allowance
- Simple IRA plan available after 1 year, with up to 3% company match
To be considered, send a cover letter, resume and link to online portfolio to email@example.com.