Association Media & Publishing Annual Meeting
We’re preparing for Association Media & Publishing’s biggest event of the year, its Annual Meeting. As a sponsor and partner of AM&P, we’re looking forward to speaking, exhibiting, and celebrating with influential association professionals at the National Housing Center in Washington, D.C. from June 24-26th. Hundreds of association professionals gather year after year to share insights on the latest publishing, communications, and marketing trends and best practices — we’re looking forward to what 2019’s edition brings.
Our Bates Creative team members will be covering multiple topics this year. Be sure to jot down these sessions while planning your conference experience:
- 360-Degree Book Program Review – Executive Vice President, Ernie Achenbach, is set to moderate a panel of association experts to review three associations’ EXCEL Award entries in the book program category. Get actionable ideas that you can implement in your own association publications and communications.
- 360-Degree Magazine/Journal Website Review – Ernie is set to moderate a panel of experts while they review associations’ EXCEL Award entries in the magazine/journal website category.
- Does Your Publication Need Its Own Brand? – Your Association is a brand. So is your publication. Ernie will be moderating three speakers who will discuss their association branding experiences and will answer questions about how closely an association’s brand and its publication should align.
- How to Develop Audience Personas that Sharpen Your Content Strategy – Our Director of Marketing, Amanda McCarthy, and Content Strategist & Copywriter, Danielle Moore, will dig into the importance of audience personas for associations, complete with an interactive workshop that walks attendees through the persona development process.
- What You Don’t Know About the Role of Design in Reader Engagement – Ernie will be presenting with co-speaker Kyle Jaracz, the creative lead for the redesign of Model Aviation magazine, the Academy of Model Aeronautics flagship publication. Kyle worked closely with Bates Creative’s team through an intensive discovery process to create a strategic foundation that informed a complete redesign of the magazine. The session will cover creative tactics that were explored for the redesign to help drive reader engagement.
MEET OUR TEAM AT BOOTH #12
As an AM&P Corporate Partner, Bates Creative has been exhibiting at the Annual Meeting for nearly a decade! From these years of exploring beneath the association surface, Bates Creative has melded its passion for marketing and publishing, creative and research — helping associations explore beyond the ordinary to create impactful member experiences. Head on over and visit our team members at Booth #12 in the exhibit hall to learn how we can work together to solve your association’s brand and marketing challenges.
CELEBRATE AT THE AM&P EXCEL AWARDS GALA
To kick-off the Annual Meeting, we’re celebrating the finalists and winners of 2019’s EXCEL Awards at the 39th Annual EXCEL Gala on Monday, June 24th. The EXCEL Awards recognize excellence and leadership in nonprofit and association media, publishing, marketing and communications.
This year, Bates Creative is proud finalists for work submitted on behalf of a number of clients including: Air Force Association, American Society of Addiction Medicine, Bainum Family Foundation, Family Motor Coach Association, NACS, and WorldatWork. We’re thrilled to be nominated for our team’s work in a number of categories this year, including: website general excellence, magazine design excellence, magazine redesign, promotional content, marketing campaigns, and more!
Monday, June 24, 2019 — Wednesday, June 26, 2019
National Housing Center
201 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005